We’re under new management!
Village Vet of Urbana is excited to announce that we’ve joined the Germantown Veterinary Clinic & Pet Resort family! Germantown Vet was the first vet clinic in Germantown, MD when they opened their doors in 1983. Under the professional and compassionate management of Dr. Lucy Tidd, the practice has grown to be the largest, best equipped, and most well-staffed animal hospital in the upper Montgomery County, MD area. And now Village Vet gets to benefit from the exceptional skills, knowledge, and resources Germantown Vet and Dr. Tidd provide. Give us a call for more information about our new practice!
About Village Vet of Urbana
At Village Vet of Urbana, our key priority is to provide both pets and owners with the care and comfort you would expect from a top-class veterinary clinic. As the best vets in Urbana, MD, our veterinary staff and other team members provide extensive services suitable for all pets. Whatever your furry friend’s healthcare needs may be, we are here to help!
Equipped with nearly 30 years of veterinary training and experience, along with cutting-edge equipment and proven treatments, our team is proud to provide Urbana and the surrounding areas with comprehensive pet health solutions. Learn more about our staff below, or contact us online to schedule an appointment.
Our Veterinarians & Vet Staff in Urbana, MD
Dr. Lucy Tidd
Dr. Lucy Tidd is a graduate of Cornell University (BS Animal Science) and Cornell College of Veterinary Medicine. She currently sits on the Alumni Board for the latter institution. Dr. Tidd has a special interest in internal medicine, and she enjoys challenging medical and surgical cases.
Dr. Tidd enjoys a busy home life as well—she has a son named Aidan, two dogs, and two cats. She is also an avid equestrian and has won many national and world titles in dressage.
Dr. Claire Porter
Dr. Claire Porter was born and raised in Montgomery County. She attended the University of Maryland in College Park (Go Terps!) and earned her DVM from the Atlantic Veterinary College. Her special interests include exotic animal medicine, pain management and surgery.
Outside of work, Dr. Claire enjoys hiking, cooking and watching the Terps, Redskins and Capitals. She and her husband share their home in Frederick with eight chickens, two turtles and Barrett the Corgi.
Karen Johnson got her bachelor’s degree from SUNY Plattsburgh in business shortly before joining the Germantown Veterinary Clinic staff in 1998. As part of the GVC management team for over 15 years, she is proud of the role she played in helping GVC grow to be one of the most well respected, best equipped and well-staffed animal hospitals in Montgomery County. Karen is excited to take her experience and knowledge in animal hospital management, and love of all things furry, to Village Vet of Urbana.
Karen also enjoys a busy life away from Village Vet as mom to 3 very active children and President of Oakdale Elementary School PTA. She has 2 dogs and 1 cat. She looks forward to meeting new families and pets in Frederick County.
Veterinary Services Our Staff Provides
Our vets in Urbana, MD offer:
- General pet healthcare services. From routine checkups and diagnostics to healthcare consultations, you’ll find what you’re looking for with Village Vet of Urbana. We do all of our work in-house when possible, utilizing our on-site laboratory to complete blood work, urinalysis, and even x-rays and ultrasounds.
- Complete vaccinations. Vaccinating your pet against disease and bacteria is one of the most crucial and effective means of keeping your beloved family friend happy and healthy. We provide complete vaccinations, as well as de-worming, lice and flea treatment, and more.
- Dental care. Dental health for pets can present a lot of challenges, but it plays a vital role in a healthy dog or cat. We offer comprehensive pet dental care services to keep your furry friend smiling.
- Cold laser therapy. This is an exciting and unique service we offer to our pets! Utilizing cold laser (low-level laser) technology allows us to offer relief and treatment for chronic or post-surgery pain.
- Veterinary surgery. We offer many surgery solutions, from spay and neuter procedures to joint and urinary care. And if we feel a specialist is needed to meet your pet’s needs, Village Vet of Urbana has strong relationships with leading surgeons across Maryland, so you can rest easy knowing we’ll help you find the specialist that will serve you best.
- Veterinary intensive care. Monitoring and life support services are available for emergency situations involving your Urbana, MD pet, and for post-surgery care.
- And more!
Contact the Best Vets in Urbana, MD Now!
At Village Vet of Urbana, our team wants to provide you with more than just general pet care. We are your ally in keeping your pets as happy and healthy as they can be! We love our work, and want to share only the best solutions and services for our clients.
If you’re looking to make an appointment with the Village Vet team, contact us online today or call us!