Flea & Tick Prevention in Urbana, MD
Providing Flea & Tick Prevention in Ijamsville, Urbana, Frederick & More!
When it comes to fleas and ticks, you can never be too prepared! While it’s possible to eliminate these parasites after they take hold, this involves treating your pet directly as well as decontaminating your entire house and yard. Prevention is by far the cheaper, easier, more desirable route.
If you recently adopted a dog or cat and you want to get started on flea and tick prevention, you’ve come to the right place! The experienced team at Village Vet of Urbana can help you select the appropriate prevention plan for your pet.
Pet Wellness PlansWhen you sign up, your pet will receive top-rated
care through every stage of life.
Monthly Flea & Tick Control
How to Prevent Fleas & Ticks in Your Frederick County Home
You have several options for keeping your pet free from ticks and fleas:
- Spot-on treatments: Monthly treatments such as K9 Advantix and Frontline Plus are among the most popular options out there. It’s easy to apply the dose to the skin on your pet’s back every 30 days, a simple process that prevents fleas and ticks from making your pet their host and kills them if they try.
- Spray treatments: Flea and tick sprays kill these parasites on contact. Some may be used in combination with topical medicine or applied between dippings when treating an existing flea and tick infestation. Others function over time with the purpose of preventing eggs from hatching.
- Oral medication: This method provides complete defense for your pet’s entire body. Some medicines only protect against fleas, while others just address tick prevention. Be sure to make your selection carefully and follow the recommended dose for safe, predictable results.
To learn the best way to prevent your dog or cat from getting fleas or ticks, contact us today! Our qualified vet technicians in Ijamsville, MD will be happy to help.
Other Ways to Prevent Fleas & Ticks
Administering preventative treatment is a proven way to keep fleas and ticks at bay. Still, you can limit the possibility of an infestation even more with these additional tips:
- Follow prevention protocols with all pets: If you have an active dog and an indoor cat, it’s not enough to give flea and tick control to your dog alone. Your cat can still act as a flea reservoir if the parasites live long enough to get indoors and trade hosts.
- Keep pets out of tall grass and wooded areas: Trim back the shrubs and grass in your yard to make it less habitable for fleas and ticks. If you take your pet on hikes, keep him on a leash, and don’t allow him to wander through thickly vegetated areas where parasites could be hiding.
- Routinely check your pet: After spending time outside, comb through your pet’s fur and look for any signs of fleas or ticks. If you find any, take immediate action to eradicate the infestation.
If you fear your pet has attracted unwanted pests, contact Village Vet of Urbana today! Our certified veterinarians will be able to get your furry friend back on track.
Village Vet of Urbana—Urbana’s Premier Pet Clinic
Schedule a Preventative Vet Visit for Your Pet Today
Don’t wait until you spot a flea or tick on your pet to seek treatment! By being proactive, you can keep your pet—and your house—free of these pesky parasites. For help choosing the right prevention product for your pet, please schedule an appointment at Village Vet of Urbana today. We can also assist with flea and tick treatment if you’re dealing with an existing problem.
Equipped with nearly 30 years of veterinary training and experience, along with cutting-edge equipment and proven treatments, our team is proud to provide Urbana and the surrounding areas with comprehensive pet health solutions.
Make an appointment at our vet clinic in Ijamsville, MD and find out how special our veterinary care can be for your family’s feline or canine friend!