Pet Health Consultations in Urbana, MD
Just as humans should visit the doctor for an annual check-up, you should bring your dog or cat to Village Vet of Urbana for a pet health consultation once a year. This gives you the opportunity to update your pet’s shots, find any underlying health conditions, and have your questions answered by a certified veterinarian.
Call Us If You Have Pet Health Questions
Even if you can’t make it to our office, we encourage you to call whenever you have a pet health question. Whether you’re concerned about a behavior, illness, or injury, give us a call at (301) 228-0681 during regular business hours (Mon-Fri 8:30 am to 6:00 pm & Sat 8:00 am to 12:00 pm). Telephone consultations are helpful when your schedule is tight, or you’re not sure the problem warrants a trip to the vet.
When you call, be sure to have information ready about your pet’s health. Medical records and a description of the symptoms you’re observing are necessary for us to provide the most helpful answers to your questions.
Pet Wellness PlansWhen you sign up, your pet will receive top-rated
care through every stage of life.
In-Office Pet Health Consultations
Whether you notice something’s wrong with your pet or the time has simply come for another yearly check-up, a trip to Village Vet of Urbana provides great peace of mind. If you call us with a concern, we may end up recommending a visit to our office, either immediately in the case of emergencies or with an appointment in the next few days. Here’s what you can expect during your visit:
- We perform a physical examination: A once-over of your pet’s eyes, ears, skin and fur, paws, joints, heart, lungs, and stomach tells us a lot about the animal’s health. If we find anything abnormal, we’ll look into it right away.
- We ask questions: As we examine your pet, we ask for more information about his or her diet, energy levels, bathroom habits, and overall health. The specific questions we ask vary depending on the animal’s species, breed, and age.
- We answer questions: If you have any concerns about your pet’s health, diet, or behavior, this is the perfect time to ask. We provide our best advice when we can observe your pet and see exactly what your concerns are.
- We ensure that vaccines are up-to-date: Your pet requires vaccinations to help avoid contracting preventable diseases. We’ll check your records and administer any vaccines if necessary to get your dog or cat up-to-date.
- We discuss heartworm and flea & tick treatments: If your pet is already taking medication, we’ll make sure everything’s in order. And if you’re interested in starting preventative treatment, we’ll recommend a few options.
Get Affordable Pet Care in Fredrick County
No pet owner should be forced to skip vital veterinary services because of a tight budget. That’s why we offer pet wellness plans, which break up the cost of services like physical exams, vaccines, parasite control, and dental work into affordable monthly payments. Not only do you avoid being caught off-guard by costly vet bills, but signing up for a wellness plan also gives you discounts on flea and heartworm prevention products.
Schedule a Pet Consultation at Village Vet of Urbana
The next time your pet needs a check-up, come to Village Vet of Urbana in Frederick County. We’re family-owned and operated, and as such, we treat every furry patient like a member of the family! We’ll give you the answers you need to keep your pet healthy for a long, happy life.