Professional Pet Dental Services in Frederick County & More
Village Vet of Urbana is proud to offer state-of-the-art vet dentistry services to pets living in Urbana, Ijamsville, Buckeystown, and Green Valley. Our experienced veterinary staff has the knowledge and expertise to deliver outstanding pet dentistry services.
It’s easy to overlook veterinary dentistry, but this is a vital aspect of your pet’s overall health. After all, a healthy mouth helps maintain a healthy body. Moreover, improper or inadequate dental care can lead to serious health problems.
Did you know that up to 80% of dogs and 70% of cats have oral disease symptoms by the time they turn three years old? With preventative dental care, you can ensure your family pet isn’t among these statistics!
To schedule your pet’s dentist appointment at our vet clinic in Urbana, contact us online today!
When to Schedule Pet Dentistry
Dog Dental Cleaning at Village Vet of Urbana
Pet owners sometimes ask us when they should begin regular dental cleanings for their pet, and how often those cleanings should occur. The short answer is, “It depends.”
Pet dental care commonly starts at 1 year old. While dental health is important for all animals, it’s especially critical for some. For example, smaller dog breeds are more susceptible to the effects of bone loss when serious dental problems develop. That’s why we recommend more frequent monitoring and care for small dogs.
For questions regarding your pet’s oral health, don’t hesitate to contact us!
Our Veterinary Dental Care Services at Our Vet Clinic
Visit our vet clinic in Urbana for all your pet’s dentistry needs, from routine cleanings and polishing to diagnostics and treatment. If your pet exhibits any of these signs, schedule a vet dentistry appointment as soon as possible:
- Discolored teeth
- Broken or loose teeth
- Extra teeth or retained baby teeth
- Abnormal chewing or drooling while eating
- Reduced appetite or refusal to eat
- Swelling in or around the mouth
- Bleeding from the mouth
Dental Care Package – Dogs & Cats
Dental Care Package – $21/Month
- Complete professional cleaning
- Complete oral exam and evaluation
- Full-mouth digital dental x-ray
- Pre-operative lab work
- Evaluation of blood count and organ function
- IV catheter with IV fluids
Does not include:
- Pain medications
These services retail individually at $474.00*
*Prices are subject to change without notice.
Pet Dental Cleanings & Polishing in Montgomery & Frederick Counties
We provide state-of-the-art dental cleaning techniques that don’t damage tooth enamel. This helps remove potentially harmful tartar and plaque from your pet’s teeth and freshens their breath without putting their overall health at risk. We also polish your pet’s teeth to help reduce plaque buildup in the future. Our preventative vet dentistry even includes fluoride treatment to protect your pet’s teeth against decay.
Ready to schedule cat or dog dental services in Urbana? Contact Village Vet of Urbana online today!
Veterinary Dental Diagnostics
In addition to preventative dental care, we also help remedy serious oral health problems your pet may encounter. The first step is to conduct a thorough oral exam to find potential trouble areas. We use X-rays as our primary diagnostic method when a visual inspection isn’t enough to diagnose the problem. This helps us identify hidden problems with your pet’s teeth and gums that could otherwise go unnoticed and untreated for years.
Veterinary Dental Treatment for Dogs & Cats
If we uncover a problem with our diagnostic techniques, your pet can receive immediate treatment. We provide veterinary tooth extractions when we are confident this procedure will benefit your pet’s health. We are also equipped to treat periodontal (gum) disease to restore your dog’s or cat’s oral health.
At-Home Pet Dental Care
How to Care for Your Pet’s Oral Hygiene
Setting your pet on the right path in terms of dental health starts with a good set of dental hygiene routines. Much of the time, the incidence of dental problems can be drastically mitigated and prevented with proper care, which of course we highly encourage!
- Daily brushing – We highly recommend the use of pet-specific brushes designed for dog and cat teeth respectively, as well as pet-formulated toothpaste. Daily brushing is the foundation for good dental health for your pets, just as it is for you.
- Good nutrition and proper food selection – It’s highly encouraged that you select a good-quality, low- or no-grain dry food for your pets. Dry foods clean teeth passively, and don’t stick to teeth like wet foods do. Wet foods are encouraged occasionally as a supplement to a normal diet for added water content and quality protein.
- Careful toy selection – Antibacterial toys that encourage clean teeth are a great idea for pets, as they offer passive cleaning in between brushings.
- Scheduling routine teeth cleaning – Annual, or in the case of at-risk pets, six-month teeth cleanings and dental evaluations are vital to the dental health of your pet. Over the age of 3 all pets experience a drastically increased chance of dental decay and disease. However, this can and should be avoided, both for the happiness of your pet and for their long-term health.
When you come in for veterinary dentistry services, we can recommend at-home pet dental care that may help alleviate problems such as bad breath, swollen gums, and tartar buildup. It is always our pleasure to help set you and your pet up for a healthy lifetime together, and our team is more than glad to provide guidelines for forming good oral health.
Village Vet of Urbana—Urbana’s Favorite Veterinary Clinic
Schedule a Vet Dentistry Appointment in Urbana, Maryland
Whether it’s time to seek an appointment for your pet or you simply have questions, feel free to contact our team at any time. With extensive experience, superior equipment, and a drive to provide you and your loved pets with the absolute best services and answers possible, Village Vet of Urbana is always here to help!
Help reduce the possibility of your pet developing a painful and unpleasant oral disease. Schedule a veterinary dentist appointment at Village Vet of Urbana today!