Pet Spaying & Neutering in Frederick, MD
Cat & Dog Neutering in Frederick County
Have you recently added a pet to your Frederick family? Spaying and neutering our pets is a very important part of keeping the pet population safe and healthy and providing your furry feline or fluffy pup some excellent health benefits moving forward. When it comes time to spay or neuter, know that the veterinary care professionals at Village Vet of Urbana can offer a safe, stress-free operation for your family pet.
To set an appointment in Frederick for your pet spaying or neutering, feel free to contact our professionals online at your convenience, or give us a call at (301) 228-0681!
Why Spay or Neuter Your Pet?
Health Benefits of Spaying & Neutering Your Dog or Cat
We neuter and spay Frederick pets for various reasons. One reason is to combat overpopulation of pets—there are already plenty of fur babies out there who need a home. Another reason to spay and neuter pets is that comprehensive studies show the procedure can help pets stay healthy, assisting predominantly in the avoidance of many common health complications as the pet ages. Here are some other reasons to spay or neuter your family pet:
- Less crying and pacing: Female cats exhibit this behavior to attract a mate when they are in heat, which can be bothersome for human family members. Spaying female dogs also eliminates the mess associated with heat cycles.
- Lower risk of cancer: Spaying female cats and dogs before sexual maturity significantly reduces the risk of breast cancer, uterine infections, and uterine cancer. In male pets, neutering prevents testicular cancer and reduces the risk of prostate problems.
- Improved temperament: The constant urge to mate can result in aggressive or obsessive behavior, including urinating in the house. Spaying or neutering your pet won’t dramatically alter their personality, but it can help them feel calmer in general and eliminate unwanted behaviors related to the urge to mate.
As a responsible owner, you know that spaying and neutering your pet is vitally important. And at Village Vet of Urbana, our team is here to help make the process simple, comfortable, and easy on your beloved pet.
Contact us to schedule a spay or neuter appointment for your cat or dog in Frederick.
When Should You Spay or Neuter Your Pet?
Contact our Animal Hospital in Frederick for Neutering Services
While pets can be safely spayed or neutered at almost any age, there are some general guidelines veterinarians follow with regard to these procedures:
- Spaying and neutering dogs. Dogs can be spayed or neutered as early on as eight weeks, but are more commonly spayed or neutered at five to nine months depending on the breed of dog and other factors, as not all pets are exactly alike. The ideal goal is to spay before the first heat in females, as it ensures the full benefit of the procedure and provides the most health benefits.
- Spaying and neutering cats. Typically, cats are neutered or spayed between six to eight months, though much like dogs the procedure can be sought after roughly eight weeks. Most often, owners seek the surgery after a female’s first heat, or when a male comes of age and begins marking. However, these complications can be easily avoided by simply keeping in close contact with your friendly neighborhood Frederick vet!
Village Vet of Urbana—Professional Spay & Neuter Services in Maryland
Whether it’s time to seek an appointment for your Frederick pet, or if you simply have questions, feel free to contact our team at any time. With extensive experience, superior equipment, and a drive to provide you and your loved pets with the absolute best services and answers possible, Village Vet of Urbana is always here to help!
For caring and professional spaying and neutering services in the Frederick area, contact us today to schedule your appointment.