When your pet is sick, you need a vet with the right knowledge, insight, and diagnostic services to find out what’s wrong. At Village Vet of Urbana, we have the superior veterinary skills and experience needed to make an accurate diagnosis. First, we conduct a physical examination. Next, we order the necessary diagnostic tests. Then, we interpret the results accurately to deliver the best treatment possible. We value your confidence and trust, and we believe our diagnostic capabilities will earn both.
To schedule veterinary diagnostics in Frederick County, please call us at 301-228-0681.
Our Veterinary Diagnostic Services
There’s nothing more important to us than restoring your ailing pet to full health. That’s why our diagnostic services are designed to meet your needs for convenience, as well as your pet’s need for a fast, responsive, and accurate diagnosis. Here are the services we offer onsite:
- Complete blood work: Pinpointing certain diseases and infections is easiest with a blood sample. Red and white blood cell counts and overall blood chemistry can reveal conditions such as anemia, leukemia, allergic reactions, and bone marrow problems.
- Urinalysis: A urine test can tell the vet whether your pet has a urinary tract infection, kidney problems, or other conditions.
- Stool samples: A small amount of stool examined under a microscope can reveal the presence of parasites in your pet’s intestinal tract.
- X-ray: Internal images of your pet allow us to find and assess broken bones, bowel obstructions, hernias, and more.
- Ultrasound: X-rays don’t always tell the whole story. When it comes to finding infections, tumors, and abnormal fluid in or around your pet’s internal organs, ultrasounds are the best diagnostic tool.
- Echocardiogram: An ultrasound of your pet’s heart can reveal problems such as heartworms or heart murmurs.
- Endoscopy: This diagnostic test lets the vet examine your pet’s esophagus, stomach, and upper intestines without the need for exploratory surgery.
- Colonoscopy: Similar to an endoscopy, a colonoscopy is used to examine internal organs using a camera on the end of a flexible tube, in this case revealing problems with the colon, cecum, large bowel, and rectum.
Although we offer this wide range of diagnostic services, we’re careful to recommend only suitable tests. This ensures we get the results we need without placing undue stress on your pet.
Benefits of Onsite Veterinary Diagnostics
The diagnostic services we provide are performed by specialists at our facility. This offers several benefits compared to outsourcing:
- Faster results: We can diagnose all sorts of diseases, infections, and other ailments with our in-house equipment. With the ability to test your pet onsite, there’s no need to set additional appointments or travel to another animal hospital in Urbana.
- More accurate diagnoses: Because we place such a strong emphasis on our diagnostic services, we make sure to maintain and upgrade our equipment frequently so Village Vet of Urbana remains the most state-of-the-art facility in Frederick County.
- More detailed treatment plans: When our specialists are the ones performing diagnostic tests, we have a better idea of what’s making your pet sick. The accuracy and detail of the resulting treatment plan speeds up the recovery process so your pet can return to full health faster.
Schedule an Appointment for Your Pet at Village Vet of Urbana
If your pet seems unwell, call Village Vet of Urbana for advice. We may suggest bringing the animal in quickly for diagnostic testing. After all, the sooner we can find out what’s wrong, the sooner we can get your pet on the road to recovery.
Contact us today to ask questions about your pet’s health or to set an appointment for veterinary diagnostics.