Going through the process of a veterinary surgery can be rough on both you and your beloved pet. You want the surgery to be handled by reliable, capable health care professionals that can help your pet make a complete, safe, and happy recovery. With our veterinary team at your side, you’re certain to get all of that and more!
At Village Vet of Urbana, we’ll be by your side every step of the way during your pet’s surgery, from pre-op to helping you with home recovery. Our goal is to ensure the entire process is as simple and pain-free as possible.
If you are in need of high-quality veterinary care or suspect your pet may need surgical care, please make an appointment with our team. You can reach us online any time for your convenience, visit us on-site, or give us a call!
Pet Surgical Services in Urbana, MD
Our extensive on-site facilities enable us to provide a comprehensive range of medical services, including most modern veterinary surgical procedures. In addition to preliminary exams and recovery support, during surgery the health of your pet will be carefully monitored and attended to. Anesthesia and surgery are handled with precise care, and ECG, blood pressure, pulse oximetry, carbon dioxide, and temperature are all closely monitored throughout the entire procedure, from simple surgeries to the more complex.
Our complete list of animal surgery offerings includes:
While reproductive surgeries are common, they also require precision, skill, and experience to avoid leaving the pet in discomfort. Our experienced veterinary surgeon will take care to ensure healthy and happy pet recovery.
- Pet spaying
- Male pet neutering
- Cesarean section (C-section)
General and Specialized Soft Tissue Surgery
Soft tissue surgeries that do not involve bone are diverse, and cover the majority of pet surgery types. We’re happy to say we can offer your pet all of the procedures they may need, and that our post-surgery recovery amenities and services are second to none.
- Tumor and growth removal
- Perineal urethrostomy
- Wound trauma
- Internal/external biopsy and testing
- Exploratory surgeries
- Enterotomy/gastrotomy obstruction removal
- Intestinal anastomosis tumor extraction
- Bloat surgery
- Pet dental surgery
- Cherry eye correction
- Eye enucleation
- Eye evisceration
- And more!
If our experts determine that a specialist is needed, we’ll help you find the doctor who’s the right fit. Village Vet of Urbana has a very strong relationship with many leading practitioners and surgeons across Maryland, and we will help you to find the perfect solution for your feline or canine family member.
Our Pet Surgery Procedure at Village Vet of Urbana
When your pet needs a surgery, you want them to have the best veterinary surgeons and state-of-the-art surgical equipment. Our experts will work hard ensure you have the best options available to you and you receive the best care possible for your pet. We take great pride in our meticulous and comprehensive surgical process.
Preliminary and Pre-Operation Exams
Before moving forward with a surgery, it’s important that we’re aware of any health problems or conditions your pet is experiencing. We’ll perform preliminary bloodwork as well as a thorough physical exam to reduce the risk of complications during or after the surgical procedure.
Post-Operation Recovery & Care
Post-operation, your pet will rest and recover in our intensive care facility, where he or she will be carefully monitored and cared for. We understand that surgery can be exceptionally stressful and confusing for cats and dogs, and we take every step possible to ensure recovery goes smoothly. If any issues develop after your pet’s surgery, call us immediately!
Pain Management & Home Care
Knowing your pet is in pain is hard for any pet owner. If needed, Village Vet of Urbana will provide post-surgery medications and pain treatment to help your pet manage and handle pain. We also take great care to provide detailed, easy-to-understand instructions regarding the recovery of your pet, making sure to point out any special needs they may have while in recovery. And of course, if you have any questions at all you can call your veterinarian for advice!
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I schedule a veterinary surgery appointment?
- To schedule veterinary services for your pet, visit our contact page, or call us at 301-228-0681 today!
How is my pet’s pain managed after surgery?
- Post-surgery, we can prescribe pain medications if your pet needs them. Managing your pet’s comfort after surgery can speed healing time because your pet will not scratch or bite at the surgery site.
What happens if my pet injures the surgery site?
My pet won’t eat after surgery, is this normal?
How long after surgery will my pet be able to go home?
How will you manage my pet’s pain during surgery?
- We believe in minimizing your pet’s pain as much as possible during and after surgery. Proper pain management will make your pet more comfortable and speed healing. We administer pain medication before veterinary surgery procedures and post operation. During veterinary surgery procedures we use local and general anesthesia and post-operation we can provide pain medication if necessary.
What veterinary surgery services do you perform?
- We perform several kinds of surgical procedures for dogs and cats. Contact us for more information.
Is anesthesia safe for my pet?
- Anesthesia is safe for most pets, but we will give your pet a check-up before surgery to ensure they can safely be given anesthesia. When we place your dog or cat under general anesthesia, we closely monitor them during the procedure and recovery to make sure everything is functioning as it should.
How should I prepare my pet for surgery?
- It is important that veterinary surgery procedures are performed on an empty stomach to reduce the chances of your pet vomiting during or after anesthesia is administered. Your pet should not be given any food after 10 p.m. the night before surgery is performed.
Schedule Veterinary Care & Surgery in Urbana, MD
At Village Vet of Urbana, we’re more than just pet doctors—we’re pet lovers, too! We want your pet’s surgery to be safe, successful, and as stress-free as absolutely possible, and we will take every step to ensure he or she gets exactly that.
When you need veterinary surgical services in Urbana, MD or the surrounding areas, come see our team. Reach us online today to learn more or to set up an appointment!